How to Apply
1. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by clicking the logo below:
It is available for completion on January 1st of each year for the next academic year. Enter school code:
UNIV OF AR FOR MEDICAL SCIENCES 001109
(listing the wrong school code could considerably delay your financial aid)
2. You should receive a Student Aid Report by e-mail within 4-6 days of the date the FAFSA was submitted (if a valid e-mail address was included when the FAFSA was filed). If a valid e-mail address was not provided or if the name and social security number do not match with the Social Security Administration’s records, the student will be mailed a paper Student Aid Report within 2 to 4 weeks.
- Review the Student Aid report and make sure everything is correct. Please verify that the school code lists:
UNIV OF AR FOR MEDICAL SCIENCES 001109.
Make any corrections on the FAFSA website by using your PIN or notify our office to make corrections.
3. Upon completion of your student aid file and determination of eligibility, an award notification letter will be issued. The letter must be returned to the Financial Aid Office indicating:
- Intent to accept or decline the loan as awarded
- Intent to reduce loan amount as awarded (optional)
4. Complete Entrance Loan Counseling online at www.studentloans.gov.
5. Sign the Direct Loans Master Promissory Note(s) (MPN) online at www.studentloans.gov .
- Our office will receive electronic confirmation of the completion of the Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note(s) within 2 days of submission.
6. Once the above steps are satisfied, loan funds are transmitted electronically to UAMS and applied to your UAMS accout.
7. If you have a remaining balance after your financial aid has been applied to your UAMS account, you are responsible for making payment. If the financial aid creates a credit balance on your UAMS account, a refund will be issued to you from the Bursar’s Office.
If you have questions concernig financial aid, please contact our office at (501) 686-5451.
If you have questions concerning tuition payments, disbursement dates and refunds, please contact the Bursar’s Office at (501) 686-6128.