Non-Resident Diversity Tuition Waiver
The UAMS Non-Resident Diversity Tuition Waiver is established in order to:
- Assist educational programs at UAMS achieve established diversity recruitment goals,
- Increase the diversity of the applicant pools to UAMS education programs with respect to race, ethnicity, gender, socio-economic status and geographic origins,
- Help defray rising educational costs for UAMS students who are economically
- Increase the diversity among the Arkansas healthcare professions workforce, especially those serving underrepresented and medically underserved populations.
Each year, the Chancellor will approve applications from each of the colleges and the
graduate school to reduce the tuition of out-of-state students to the in-state (resident) rate,
based upon the criteria established for this waiver. A recipient’s residency status will not be
affected for admission purposes, only for tuition cost purposes.
Eligibility to Apply
- The applicant for the Non-Resident Diversity Tuition Waiver (“applicant”) must be accepted by a UAMS college or the graduate school for the period for which he/she is applying for the tuition waiver.
- The applicant must complete all portions of the application form (attached to this policy).
- The applicant must be enrolled for a minimum of 0.5 FTE (half-time or full-time), as defined by the program/college to which he/she is accepted.
- The applicant must be pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree or a post-baccalaureate or advanced or graduate certificate at UAMS.