College of Health Professions – Tuition & Fees
|Resident (per hour)||$245|
|Non-Resident (per hour)||$561|
|Emergency Medical Sciences- EMT Basic Resident (per hour)||$109|
|Graduate Resident (per hour)||$386|
|Physician Assistant, Resident Master's Program (Per Semester)**||$6,000|
|Physical Therapy, Resident Master's Program (Per Semester)***||$10,000|
|Graduate Non-Resident (per hour)||$835|
|Physician Assistant, Non-Resident Master's Program (Per Semester)**||$10,000|
|Physical Therapy, Non-Resident Master's Program (Per Semester)***||$15,000|
|Laboratory Fee (per credit hour of enrollment)||$10|
|Laboratory Fee, Physical Therapy/Diagnostic Medical Sonography (per applicable semester)||$50|
|Laboratory Fee, Physician Assistant Studies (Per Semester)||$125|
|Student Liability Insurance Fee (per sem) (3)||$13|
|Malpractice Insurance Fee (per yr) Physician Asst Program (3)||$150|
|Malpractice Insurance Fee (per yr) Physical Therapy Program (3)||$37|
|Enrollment Deposit - Physician Assistant Program (1)||$300|
|Enrollment Deposit - Physical Therapy Program||$500|
|Enrollment Deposit - all other programs (1)||$60|
|Standardized Patient Fee 3 Tiers (4)|
|Standardized Patient Fee-Tier 1 (per semester) Dietetics/Nutrition (4)||$125|
|Standardized Patient Fee-Tier 2 (per sem) Phys Thrpy/Phys Asst Studies (4)||$85|
|Standardized Patient Fee-Tier 3 (per sem) Audio/Speech Pathology (4)||$50|
|Diagnostic Equipment Purchase Fee, PA Prog.-1st term-One time charge||$1200|
|Dental Hygiene Instrumentation Fee (per semester)||$400|
|Registry Exam Fee (5)||$390|
|Credit By Examination Fee||1/2 a semester credit hour fee|
** This tuition is an annual rate that remains the same throughout each academic year; Students will be charged a flat rate per semester (i.e. $6,000 or $10,000) that will remain the same for three (3) semesters (summer, fall & spring)
*** This tuition is an annual rate that remains the same throughout each academic year; Students will be charged a flat rate per semester (fall and spring) of $10,000 for in-state and $15,000 for out-of-state.
(1) Although not a fee, this deposit is due upon acceptance as a reservation of enrollment prior to actual registration. It is non-refundable, but will be applied to the first semester tuition if the applicant enrolls within a year. The non-refundable deposit of $300 for Physician Assistant applicants accepted into the College of Health Professions is due within three weeks of official notification and will be utilized to hold a position in the cohort.
(2) Departmental Lab rates in the College of Health Professions are set on the basis of usage. Estimated hours needed by each program creates a nine tier fee rate table. Physical Therapy is requesting an increase in its lab fee from $50 to $75 for Year 1 students.
(3) The Student Liability Insurance in the College of Health Professions covers students in a wide range of programs. The higher liability for paramedic students and those in the new physical therapy program is reflected in their Malpractice Insurance fees. As of Fall, 2016, the fee for College of Nursing PhD students will be the same College of Nursing fee as for non-PhD students.
(4) The College of Health Professions sets the Standardized Patient Fee amount based on usage. Dietetics and Nutrition students use is more than Physical Therapy and Physician Assistant programs. NEW for FY17, (Fall 2016), Audiology and Speech Pathology is requesting a new fee of $50/semester for its Au.D., M.S., and Ph.D. programs to cover the cost of standardized patients. Physical Therapy is requesting an increase in its standardized patient fee from $75 to $85 for each fall and spring of Year 1 and Year 2.
(5) Respiratory Therapy is requesting a NEW ‘voucher’ fee of $390 which would provide funding to the student when it’s time to sit for his/her registry exams while still in school. With the voucher, the student would only need to enter a code in order to sit for their exam. This would affect 14 students who are scheduled to graduate in spring, 2017.
Mandatory fees for all UAMS Students
|Institutional (Fees related to all colleges)|
|Student Health Fee (per semester) 1||$141|
|Student Transportation Fee (per semester) 2||$78|
|Technology Fee (per semester) 3||$115|
|University Services Fee (per semester) 4||$450|
|Student Activity Fee (per semester) 5||$25|
|Standard Continuing Registration Fee (per semester) 6||$250|
|Late Payment Fee (twice per semester)||$50|
|Diploma Replacement Fee (per request)||$25|
|Transcript Fee (per request)||$10|
|Emergency Student Loan Fee (per request)||$10|
|Payment Plan Fee (per semester as requested)||$35|
|Payment Plan Late Fee (per occurrence)||$25|
- Students enrolled in 100% online Programs only or 100% Distance Programs only will not be charged a Student Health Fee. (The fee waiver does not apply to individual courses)
- Students exempt from the Transportation fee are:
- Students enrolled in 100% online Programs only or 100% Distance Programs only will not be charged a Transportation Fee. (The fee waiver does not apply to individual courses)
- Students who already pay for parking (employee, clinical resident – fellow, or live at the Residence Hall. (GRS Clinical fellows and residents – all programs)
- Students enrolled in courses/programs that are located 100% at a non-UAMS facility; e.g., MS in Communicative Disorders @ UALR; BS inDental Hygiene @ Mtn. Home; Radiation Imaging Sciences and Diagnostic Medical Sonography @ St. Christus Hospital in Texarkana; Respiratory Care @ UA Community College at Batesville; BSN at UA Community College at Hope (UACCH)
- Students in the Master’s of Communication program (College of Health Professions) at UALR will not be charged.
- Students who are required to attend clinical simulation classes on the Little Rock campus. They are assigned to carpools and UAMS is reimbursing the drivers for mileage
- Technology Fee increase is to cover COP/IPE mapping software needs and expansion of COP ExamSoft assessment program, now available to all colleges.
- The “University Services Fee” combines the Academic Affairs Student Fee, Student Insurance Admin Fee and the Library Fee and will fund ID Badges and the Caduceus year book. Undergraduate students taking less than 6 hours and Graduate students taking less than 5 hours will not be charged.
- Students enrolled in 100% online Programs only or 100% Distance Programs only will not be charged a Student Activity Fee. (The fee waiver does not apply to individual courses)
- This fee is charged to students actively engaged in a UAMS degree program but not enrolled in a UAMS class, is preparing to fulfill his/her graduation requirements and/or until final licensure tests are completed.