College of Health Professions – Tuition & Fees
|Resident (per hour)||$250|
|Non-Resident (per hour)||$572|
|Graduate Resident (per hour)||$386|
|Graduate Non-Resident (per hour)||$835|
|Physician Assistant, Resident Master's Program (annual rate over three semesters - summer, fall and spring)*||$6,300|
|Physician Assistant, Non-Resident Master's Program (annual rate over three semesters - summer, fall and spring)*||$10,500|
|Physical Therapy, Resident Doctoral Program (flat rate - fall and spring)**||$10,000|
|Physical Therapy, Non-Resident Doctoral Program (flat rate - fall and spring)**||$15,000|
|Laboratory Fee (per credit hour of enrollment) (1)||$10|
|Laboratory Fee, Physical Therapy/Diagnostic Medical Sonography (per applicable semester) (1)||$50|
|Laboratory Fee, Physician Assistant Studies (per semester) (1)||$125|
|Student Liability Insurance Fee (per sem) (2)||$13|
|Malpractice Insurance Fee (per yr) Physician Asst Program (2)||$150|
|Malpractice Insurance Fee (per yr) Physical Therapy Program (2)||$40|
|Standardized Patient Fee 3 Tiers (3)|
|Standardized Patient Fee-Tier 1 (per semester) Dietetics/Nutrition (3)||$125|
|Standardized Patient Fee-Tier 2 (per sem) Phys Thrpy/Phys Asst Studies (3)||$85|
|Standardized Patient Fee-Tier 3 (per sem) Audio/Speech Pathology (3)||$50|
|Diagnostic Equipment Purchase Fee, PA Prog.-1st term-One time charge||$1200|
|Dental Hygiene Instrumentation Fee (per semester)||$425|
|Registry Exam Fee (4)||$390|
|Credit By Examination Fee (5)||1/2 a semester credit hour fee|
|Enrollment Deposit - Physician Assistant Program (6)||$500|
|Enrollment Deposit - Physical Therapy Program (6)||$500|
|Enrollment Deposit - all other programs (6)||$60|
* This tuition is an annual rate that remains the same throughout each academic year; Students will be charged a flat rate per semester that will remain the same for three (3) semesters (summer, fall and spring). Any increase in tuition will be effective May 2020, or the date of the next incoming class.
** This tuition is an annual rate that remains the same throughout each academic year; Students will be charged a flat rate per semester (fall and spring) of $10,000 for in-state and $15,000 for out-of-state.
(1) Laboratory fees in the College of Health Professions are set on a credit hour of enrollment basis with the following exceptions: (a) Auditory-Based Intervention and Dietetic Internship do not have laboratory expenses and therefore should not be charged a fee. (b) The Diagnostic medical Sonography program chares a $50 lab fee one time in the fall. (c) Physical Therapy charges a $50 lab fee during the fall and spring terms. (d) Physician Assistant Studies charges a laboratory fee of $125 for summer, fall and spring terms. The Genetic Counseling program would like to charge a $50 lab fee during the fall and spring terms to cover the costs associated with clinical rotation tracking software.
(2) Departmental Lab rates in the College of Health Professions are set on the basis of usage. Estimated hours needed by each program creates a nine tier fee rate table. Physical Therapy is requesting an increase in its lab fee from $50 to $75 for Year 1 students.
(2) The Student Liability Insurance in the College of Health Professions covers students in a wide range of programs. The higher liability for students in the physical therapy program is reflected in their Malpractice Insurance fees. For FY20, students in Physician Assistant Studies will not be charged for malpractice coverage.
(3) The College of Health Professions sets the Standardized Patient Fee amount based on required usage of standardized patients.
(4) The Respiratory Therapy ‘voucher’ fee provides funding to the student when it is time to sit for his/her registry exams while still in school. With the voucher, the student would only need to enter a code in order to sit for their exam.
(5) The Credit by Examination fee would apply to College of Health Professions courses for which a student demonstrates competency or equivalency in the subject matter. This would be similar to a CLEP exam. The fee for Credit by Examination would be 1/2 the per credit hour rate of the course in which the student is seeking credit.
(6) Although not a fee, this deposit is due upon acceptance, as a reservation of enrollment prior to actual registration. It is non-refundable, but will be applied to the first semester tuition if the applicants enrolls within a year.
Mandatory fees for all UAMS Students
|Institutional (Fees related to all colleges)|
|Student Health Fee (Fall/Spring) 1||$141|
|Student Transportation Fee (per semester) 2||$78|
|Technology Fee (Fall/Spring) 3||$115|
|University Services Fee (Fall/Spring) 4||$470|
|Student Activity Fee (Fall/Spring) 5||$25|
|Standard Continuing Registration Fee (per semester) 6||$250|
|Late Payment Fee (twice per semester)||$50|
|Diploma Replacement Fee (per request)||$25|
|Transcript Fee (per request)||$10|
|Emergency Student Loan Fee (per request)||$10|
|Payment Plan Fee (per semester as requested)||$35|
|Payment Plan Late Fee (per occurrence)||$50|
- The Student Health Fee is not charged to students enrolled 100% online and is not charged for summer semester.
- Students in the Master’s of Communications program (College of Health Professions) at UALR will not be charged. Summer session rate is $39.
- The UAMS Technology Fee is charged to all students with the exception of students enrolled in online programs, they would be charged one-half of the standard rate. It is not charged for the summer semester.
- Undergraduate students taking less than 6 hours and Graduate students taking less than 5 hours will not be charged. The fee is not charged for summer semester. Student enrolled in online programs will be charged one-half of the standard rate. Fee increase is to cover the rise in costs associated with the academic administrative services provided.
- The Student Activity fee is not charged to students enrolled in approved, UAMS-designated 100% online programs. It is not charged for the summer semester.
- This fee is charged to students actively engaged in a UAMS degree program but not enrolled in credit-bearing courses, activities, are preparing to fulfill graduation requirements and/or awaiting completion of final licensure tests.