College of Medicine – Tuition & Fees
|Tuiton/Fee||Resident (per semester)||Non-resident (per semester)|
|Freshman White Coat Ceremony Fee (one-time)||$25||$25|
|Application Fee (one-time) (1)||$100||$100|
|Visiting Student Application Service (VSAS) Processing Fee||$75||$75
|M1 & M2 Mandatory Study Materials Fee (per semester)||$238||$238|
* The following fees were included within the COM tuition rates starting Fall of 2017: Disability Insurance (%26/sem), Malpractice Insurance ($188/sem), Standardized Patient Fee (increased to $170/sem) and Curriculum Assessment Monitoring Fee (Exam Software) ($25/sem). Total = $419/semester; $838/year
(1) In addition to non-degree seekers, a one-time application fee will be charged to all College of Medicine applicants.
Mandatory fees for all UAMS Students
|Institutional (Fees related to all colleges)|
|Student Health Fee (Fall/Spring) 1||$141|
|Student Transportation Fee (per semester) 2||$78|
|Technology Fee (Fall/Spring) 3||$115|
|University Services Fee (Fall/Spring) 4||$470|
|Student Activity Fee (Fall/Spring) 5||$25|
|Standard Continuing Registration Fee (per semester) 6||$250|
|Late Payment Fee (twice per semester)||$50|
|Diploma Replacement Fee (per request)||$25|
|Transcript Fee (per request)||$10|
|Emergency Student Loan Fee (per request)||$10|
|Payment Plan Fee (per semester as requested)||$35|
|Payment Plan Late Fee (per occurrence)||$50|
- The Student Health Fee is not charged to students enrolled 100% online and is not charged for summer semester.
- Students in the Master’s of Communications program (College of Health Professions) at UALR will not be charged. Summer session rate is $39. College of Nursing BSN students attending classes on UACCH (Hope, AR campus) will be charged the Student Transportation fee. Students are required to attend clinical simulation classes on the Little Rock campus. They are assigned to carpools and UAMS is reimbursing the drivers for mileage.
- The UAMS Technology Fee is charged to all students with the exception of students enrolled in online programs, they would be charged one-half of the standard rate. It is not charged for the summer semester.
- Undergraduate students taking less than 6 hours and Graduate students taking less than 5 hours will not be charged. The fee is not charged for summer semester. Student enrolled in online programs will be charged one-half of the standard rate. Fee increase is to cover the rise in costs associated with the academic administrative services provided.
- The Student Activity fee is not charged to students enrolled in approved, UAMS-designated 100% online programs. It is not charged for the summer semester.
- This fee is charged to students actively engaged in a UAMS degree program but not enrolled in credit-bearing courses, activities, are preparing to fulfill graduation requirements and/or awaiting completion of final licensure tests.