College of Pharmacy – Tuition & Fees
|Tuition/Fee||Resident (per semester)||Non-resident (per semester)||Resident Part-time (per hr.)*||Non-resident Part-time (per hr.)*|
|Student Malpractice/Liability Insurance Fee (per semester)||$18||$18||$18||$18|
|Standardized Patient Fee (per semester)||$150||$150||$150||$150|
|Pre-NAPLEX Exam Cost Fee (4th year only)||$50||$50||$50||$50|
|Sterile Dispensing Training Laboratory Fee (per sem) P1 & P2 students||$100||$100||$100||$100|
|NAPLEX Prep Course (per semester) (1)||$50||$50||$50||$50|
|Experiential Education Fee (2)||$262.50||$262.50||$262.50||$262.50|
|Student Application Fee||$100||$100||$100||$100|
|Immunization Training P1 (spring only) (3)||$100||$100||$100||$100|
|Professional Development Fee (per semester) (4)||$25||$25||$25||$25|
|NiaRx Licence (per semester) (5)||$21||$21||$21||$21|
|Enrollment Deposit (6)||$200||$200||$200||$200|
(1) The NAPLAX Prep Course fee is $50 per semester to cover the cost of the RxPrep course. The RxPrep course is considered to be a much better program which is expected to improve the pass rate on NAPLAX.
(2) The College of Pharmacy is requesting an increase of 5% in our Experiential Education Fee to cover the increased cost of our CORE educational software package. The College of Pharmacy currently has licenses for the CORE Elms and CORE CompMS modules. The College wishes to all the CORE readiness module to provide access to a databank of training videos to all students, faculty, and preceptors. The additional module being added will increase our license fee by $9,000.
(3) Immunization Training through APA of all P1 students is required in order to receive certification. This one-time fee is unique to the College of Pharmacy and is in the spring only.
(4) This College of Pharmacy fee is used to subsidize the current Student Activity Fee funding for professional development activities specific to the COP students. The college spends about $100 per student on student activities related to their organizations and professional events attendance.
(5) The NiaRx Software licenses being purchased for us by all P1 through P3 students at an annual cost of $55/license for three (3) years starting FY19. The cost will be spread over 4 years. NiaRx, is a cloud-based software platform that simulates and electronic medial record (EMR). With the use of NiaRx, student pharmacists would gain added skills in utilizing an EMR to engage more readily in all aspects of the JMCP pharmacists’ patient care process (collecting data, assessing the overall patient, developing a patient-centered plan, implementing the care plan and monitoring/evaluating its effectiveness). These skills, as well as familiarity with the basic components of an EMR, are critical for the pharmacy graduate’s application of the pharmacists’ patient care role in all areas of pharmacy.
(6) Although not a fee, this deposit is due upon acceptance, as a reservation of enrollment prior to actual registration. It is non-refundable, but will be applied to the first semester tuition if the applicant enrolls within a year.
Mandatory fees for all UAMS Students
|Institutional (Fees related to all colleges)|
|Student Health Fee (Fall/Spring) 1||$141|
|Student Transportation Fee (per semester) 2||$78|
|Technology Fee (Fall/Spring) 3||$115|
|University Services Fee (Fall/Spring) 4||$470|
|Student Activity Fee (Fall/Spring) 5||$25|
|Standard Continuing Registration Fee (per semester) 6||$250|
|Late Payment Fee (twice per semester)||$50|
|Diploma Replacement Fee (per request)||$25|
|Transcript Fee (per request)||$10|
|Emergency Student Loan Fee (per request)||$10|
|Payment Plan Fee (per semester as requested)||$35|
|Payment Plan Late Fee (per occurrence)||$50|
- The Student Health Fee is not charged to students enrolled 100% online and is not charged for summer semester.
- Students in the Master’s of Communications program (College of Health Professions) at UALR will not be charged. Summer session rate is $39.
- The UAMS Technology Fee is charged to all students with the exception of students enrolled in online programs, they would be charged one-half of the standard rate. It is not charged for the summer semester.
- Undergraduate students taking less than 6 hours and Graduate students taking less than 5 hours will not be charged. The fee is not charged for summer semester. Student enrolled in online programs will be charged one-half of the standard rate. Fee increase is to cover the rise in costs associated with the academic administrative services provided.
- The Student Activity fee is not charged to students enrolled in approved, UAMS-designated 100% online programs. It is not charged for the summer semester.
- This fee is charged to students actively engaged in a UAMS degree program but not enrolled in credit-bearing courses, activities, are preparing to fulfill graduation requirements and/or awaiting completion of final licensure tests.